Monday, July 12, 2010

Sewing projects up until now Part 2

Ok two more dresses to present- then i will feel a bit more up to date- well at least on the sewing front anyway!!!

The next dress i have made was for a work mates wedding in May. I bought a vintage pattern McCalls 5770 and i decided to alter the neckline and add sleeves.

I bought some black silk and some teal organza- this was courtesy of the shop assistant at the fabric store- she said i must see her favourite colour fabric that just came into the store- i couldn't resist!!!

The final result wasn't too shabby (although i have a problem with the sleeves- but never mind) and hemming the skirt made me go out and splurge on a rolled hem foot.


























My latest dress has been a long time coming- i saw a dress from the runway of Milan on the internet. I had been looking for red/rust tweed fabric- but i couldnt find it anyway. So i i decided just to find any tweed i could and make the dress- from a second hand pattern from the 90's.

Anyway it worked out ok- the fit is pretty good if i do say so myself!


No comments:

Post a Comment